Duvel 666 & mozzarella sticks
Mozzarella sticks accompanied by a coriander mayonnaise.
A delicious recipe, simple to make and ideal to accompany Duvel 666 during the aperitif!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Ingredients for 4 persons:
For the coriander mayonnaise:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 15 cl neutral oil
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ branch of coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
For the mozzarella sticks:
- 200 g dry mozzarella
- 50 g flour
- 1 egg
- 150 g fine breadcrumbs
- 5 cl frying oil
Thanks @stephatable for the recipe!
- Finely chop the coriander.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolk, a little salt and pepper, a spoonful of mustard.
- Whisk everything together and gradually add the oil to thicken the mayonnaise.
- Add the herbs and chopped coriander. To mix together.
- Cut the sticks from the dry mozzarella.
- Prepare 3 plates for breading the cheese.
- Roll each strip in flour, then in egg, then in breadcrumbs.
- Double the breadcrumbs by repeating the last two steps.
- Heat the oil in a pan or fryer and fry the mozzarella sticks until nicely browned (about 5 minutes).
- Serve with the coriander mayonnaise.