Duvel Tripel Hop Cashmere & red pepper cream
A red pepper cream with Comté cheese sticks.
A summery and gastronomic recipe, ideal to accompany Duvel Tripel Hop Cashmere during an aperitif!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for 4 persons:
For the cream:
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 20 g butter
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon crème frache
- 3 cl white wine
- Salt and pepper
For the cheese sticks:
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 70 g grated Comté
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon milk
For the topping:
- ¼ red bell pepper
- A dash of olive oil
- 20 g toasted pine nuts
Thanks @stephatable for the recipe!
- Cut the bell pepper, onion and shallot into brunoise.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add the bell pepper, onion and shallot, then the thyme and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the paprika powder and mix well.
- Add the white wine and let it reduce for a while.
- Add the crème frache, mix and simmer over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the thyme and bay leaf.
- Pour everything into a blender with the cream cheese and blend until you get a smooth texture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into strips of about 1 cm by 5 cm.
- Twist and then brush with a mixture of beaten egg yolk and milk.
- Sprinkle each twist with oregano and garnish with grated Comté.
- Bake and cook in the oven for ten minutes.
- The twists are ready when they are golden brown.
- Cut a quarter of a red bell pepper into brunoise, put in a pan with a dash of olive oil and fry for a few minutes.
- Pour the cream of paprika into a glass jar.
- Garnish with pine nuts and seared bell pepper pieces.
- Serve with cheese sticks of Comté.